Bringing home a piece of art in the form of canvas paintings can be a very rewarding experience. After all, coupled with your favourite house decorative items, wall paintings can really make a space your own. But as with any purchase, it’s important to do your research before committing to a piece – especially if it’s something as significant as wall paintings. There are certain things you need to look for in order to ensure that you’re getting a quality product. Here are five key quality checks to keep in mind when shopping for canvas paintings:
1. Check the canvas edge for fraying or signs of wear
The first thing you need to check is the condition of the canvas wall art Look for any rips, tears or fraying along the edges. This is usually a sign that the wall painting is not of good quality and has been cheaply made. If you see any of these signs, it’s best to avoid purchasing the wall painting altogether. Check for wrinkles or creases in the canvas as well. These can be indications that the painting was poorly stored. When in doubt, always ask the seller for more pictures of the wall painting, preferably from different angles. This will give you a better idea of its condition.
2. Ask if archival-quality paints and materials have been used
If you’re looking for a painting that will last a lifetime, then it’s important to make sure that only archival-quality paints and materials have been used. These are made to withstand the test of time and won’t fade or discolour over time. If the seller can’t give you a definite answer, it’s best to move on to another painting. It’s also important to check if the artist has used acrylic or oil-based paint. Oil-based paints tend to be of better quality and will last longer. It’s worth paying a little extra for a wall painting that’s made with high-quality materials. Acrylic paints are also an option, but they are not as durable as oil-based paints.
3. Inspect the corners of the canvas wall art for damage
Pay close attention to the corners of the canvas painting. This is where most of the damage occurs, especially if the painting is poorly made. Look for any rips, tears or fraying. If the corners are damaged, it’s likely that the rest of the painting is as well.
4. Run your hand over the surface to check for bumps or valleys
Once you’ve inspected the edges and corners, it’s time to move on to the surface of the painting. Gently run your hand over it to check for any bumps or valleys. These can be indications that the painting is of poor quality.
5. Hold the canvas wall art up to the light to look for defects in the fabric
Finally, hold the canvas up to the light to look for any defects in the fabric. If you see any holes, rips or tears, you must not go ahead with the purchase. Finally, make sure to inspect the back of the canvas painting as well. There should be no visible staples or tacks. If there are,
By taking the time to perform these quality checks, you can be confident that your wall canvas paintings will be beautiful and long-lasting. Now that you know the must-have quality checks for canvas wall art, here are different canvas painting trends for your home:
1. Neutral colours are making a comeback: If you’re looking for a timeless look, stick with neutral colours like black, white and grey. There is something classic and elegant about a painting with neutral colours. The Natures Love Melting Pot 100% Hand Painted Wall Painting beautifully blends the hues of gold, silver and emerald green to create a stunning piece of art.
2. Geometric shapes are becoming popular: Geometric shapes are quintessential in contemporary art. They add an element of interest and can be used to create a statement piece in your home. The Charm and Charisma 100% Hand Painted Wall Painting is a beautiful example of a contemporary painting with geometric shapes. It will fit well with your house decorative items, regardless of the overall theme of your home decor.
3. Landscapes are always in style: Inspiring and peaceful, landscapes are perfect for adding a touch of serenity to your home. They evoke a sense of wonder and can be used to create a calming oasis in your space. A Crisp Winter Morning 100% Hand Painted Wall Painting is a lovely example of how a landscape wall painting can add beauty and tranquillity to your home. Pair it with other neutral-coloured wall paintings and your favourite house decorative items like lamps for the living room for a cohesive look.
4. Abstract paintings are perfect for adding a pop of colour: Bright and bold colours are becoming more popular in home decor. What makes an abstract wall painting stand out is the use of unconventional colours and shapes. The unique aspect of these canvas paintings is that they are open to interpretation. The Bosphorus Pearl Abstract Hand Painted Wall Painting is truly magnificent. Art connoisseurs and novices alike will be drawn to its depth of beauty
5. Floral Paintings: Floral paintings are perfect for adding a touch of elegance: If you’re looking for something feminine and elegant, floral paintings are the way to go. They evoke joy, happiness and love.
Check out Cosmos Floral Charm Hand painted Wall Painting. Its bold use of colours and confident brushstrokes make it an ideal choice for the living room.
Take some time to consider what style of painting you’re drawn to. With so many different options available, there is sure to be a painting out there that is perfect for your home. Quality wall canvas paintings can be hard to come by. But if you follow these tips, you’re sure to find a painting that you’ll love for years to come.