All over the world, many have embraced the use of car apps like Ubers and Lyfts. However, just like it is with other drivers, Uber and Lyft drivers can get into accidents. Suppose you happen to be involved in a Lyft or Uber accident. In that case, the next thing you would want to do after getting yourself out of harm’s way is to hire an insurance claims attorney. As per Louis Law Group, a Florida-based Lyft and Uber accident Claims Law Firm, hiring an attorney after a Lyft and Uber accident will put you at an advantage as they will handle everything related to your accident claim, including gathering evidence, negotiations, and litigation.
While you must reach out to an attorney, there are also specific steps you could take if you’re unable to get in touch with one immediately:
- Seek medical attention: It would be wrong for you to neglect your health to get compensated for what has been done. You should prioritize your health and reach out for medical help.
- Collect Information: One of the things you should do after such an accident is to try to gather as much information as you can. Ask the driver for their contact information and other details. You might also want to let them yours as this would go a long way in getting you your compensation.
- Take notes and photos: The trauma from the accident can make you forget certain important details that would be useful while seeking compensation. To avoid this, you should take notes and photos if you can.
- Call the police: You would want to inform the police as soon as possible if you get involved in a Lyft or Uber accident.
- Do not be in a hurry to sign anything: This is one of the tactics of insurance companies; getting you to sign something that looks appealing only to discover their true intents. Thus, you should avoid signing anything without a go-ahead from your attorney.
HOW A LYFT AND UBER ACCIDENT INSURANCE CLAIMS ATTORNEY WOULD BE OF HELP TO YOU.
It would be difficult for anyone involved in a Lyft or Uber accident to receive fair compensation without the help of an experienced attorney. Below are a few of the ways they’d help out:
- Your lawyer will let you know what you’re up against: After an accident in an Uber or Lyft, the driver would most likely try to find a way to deny being the cause of the accident. The company of the driver would also attempt to do the same. With an experienced lawyer by your side, you can be well informed of these tactics and know what you are up against. This way, you would be prepared to do whatever it takes, with the guidance of your lawyer, in getting yourself a fair settlement.
- Your lawyer would present evidence to prove your injuries: Your injuries might not be enough to prove that you deserve compensation; at least, that is what the driver’s company would be banking on. However, your injuries can get you exactly the compensation you deserve with a lawyer by your side. How? Your lawyer is there to present whatever evidence that could aid a fair settlement. This could include a medical report by a medical practitioner stating the extent of your injuries, how it was acquired from the accident and how it could prevent you from doing certain things in the present and future. Other evidence could include a police report, eye witnesses’ statements. With these, the company would be unable to evade payment no matter how much they try.
- Your lawyer will negotiate when necessary: As the experienced person that he is, your lawyer knows when to negotiate with the company. However, this does not mean that they will settle for anything less than what you deserve. Not at all. They would try to reach an agreement with the company while putting your safety first.
- Your lawyer will sue the insurance company if they have to: In a situation whereby the insurance company keeps doing everything to prevent payment, your lawyer would not hesitate to sue them. Sometimes, some insurance companies could be so adamant that only a lawsuit would make them have second thoughts. If it gets to this, be sure that your lawyer knows what step to take.
You should know that filing an insurance claim after an accident would not be easy, but that should not stop you either. You deserve to receive compensation for your injuries. It is better to do it with a lawyer vast in Uber and Lyft insurance claims by your side. According to Lawyer Roll, there is no better option than to hire a Lyft and Uber accident insurance claims attorney after a Lyft or Uber accident if you intend to get a deserving settlement. Remember, you would be going up against huge companies.