On Friday, a horrifying incident unfolded in Balochistan’s Mastung district, where a suspected suicide bomber attacked a procession marking the 12th Rabiul Awwal. This devastating act of terrorism resulted in the loss of 53 innocent lives, including a police officer, and left dozens injured.
Details of the Attack
Online international news says a suspected suicide bomber unleashed an explosion during the 12th Rabiul Awwal procession in Mastung, Balochistan. The attack left 53 people dead and dozens injured. Hospitals in the region reported receiving casualties. The explosion occurred near Madina Masjid at Alfalah Road, where people had gathered for the religious procession.
Medical facilities in the region quickly went into emergency mode to provide medical care to the injured. Hospitals, including Mastung District Headquarter Hospital, Shaheed Naqab Ghous Bakhsh Raisani Memorial Hospital, and Civil Hospital Quetta, received casualties. The wounded were promptly treated, and those in critical condition were referred to Quetta for specialized care.
In response to the tragic attack, security measures were heightened nationwide. Karachi Police also increased security for Friday prayers at mosques in the province to ensure the safety of citizens during religious gatherings.
Condemnations and Solidarity
- Breaking News: Leaders and organizations from across Pakistan expressed their grief, solidarity, and condemnation in response to the heart-wrenching incident. Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar strongly denounced the attack, emphasizing the government’s determination to eradicate terrorism from the country.
- Interim Interior Minister Sarfraz Ahmed Bugti condemned the blast and emphasized that terrorists have no faith or religion. He reiterated the government’s commitment to utilize all resources to rescue and treat the injured.
- Furthermore, Former Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif expressed deep sadness over the attack and called for swift justice for the perpetrators. The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, extended condolences to the victims’ families and affirmed the nation’s resolve to stand against terrorism.
- HRCP The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan called for justice and expressed concern about Balochistan’s deteriorating law and order situation. The PTI demanded quality treatment for the injured and urged the government to focus on countering terrorism.
- In addition,Balochistan interim Chief Minister Ali Mardan Domki ordered an inquiry into the blast and announced three days of mourning throughout the province.
Military Operation in Zhob
Moreover, in a separate incident, four Pakistan Army soldiers were martyred during an operation in Zhob, located near Mastung. The operation thwarted an attempt by TTP terrorists to infiltrate from Afghanistan into Pakistan.
Finally,The tragic suicide blast in Mastung during the 12th Rabiul Awwal procession serves as a stark reminder of the persistent threat of terrorism in Pakistan. The biggest loss of innocent lives and the injuries sustained by many underscore the need for enhanced security measures and a steadfast response to acts of violence. The nation’s leaders and organizations have united in grief, solidarity, and condemnation, emphasizing their commitment to eradicating terrorism and ensuring the safety of citizens during religious events.