Rice and chicken are a win-win combination of ingredients that will allow you to create a huge number of healthy and incredibly tasty dishes. This combination is widely used in the cuisines of different peoples of the world. Moreover, each recipe for cooking chicken with rice is unique and has special taste characteristics.
With rice and chicken at your disposal, you can create a real culinary masterpiece. And if you add vegetables and other ingredients to the dish, you get an almost inexhaustible scope for imagination. Below we will look at how to cook rice with chicken deliciously.
Chicken stew with rice recipe
This is a simple recipe that every housewife should know about. The dish is prepared quite quickly and will certainly please your guests and relatives.
- 500 grams of chicken thighs or drumsticks;
- 2 glasses of water;
- medium-sized bulb;
- a glass of rice;
- medium sized tomato;
- pepper, salt and seasonings;
- vegetable oil;
- a few cloves of garlic.
- We prepare the chicken by rubbing with adjika and salt. After that, we send the meat to the pan and fry in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Chop the onion (as fine as possible) and add it to the chicken. We continue to fry for about 3 minutes.
- We clean the tomatoes from the skin (if you don’t want to, you can not peel them), cut into small cubes and also pour into the pan. Stir and fry for about a minute.
- Pour 2 cups of rice into the same pan. Pour a couple of glasses of water and squeeze the garlic. Close the pan with a lid and bring to a boil. The dish should boil for about 5 minutes, after which the fire must be reduced to a minimum and simmered for about a quarter of an hour.
- When our chicken with rice is almost ready, add salt and seasoning. A universal option is suneli hops, but you can use any seasoning that you like the taste of. This dish is simply impossible to spoil, so experiment!
Rice with chicken should be served hot. Enjoy your meal!
A simple chicken pilaf recipe
Pilaf is a very popular dish that will be appropriate on any table. He is loved by both children and adults. The only problem is that it is quite difficult to cook a real pilaf. You need to take into account a number of nuances, use a lot of ingredients and spend a lot of time cooking. However, housewives and chefs around the world have developed many of their own recipes.
This recipe for cooking chicken with rice is a familiar pilaf, but in a simplified form, which will definitely please your family and friends. The process of its preparation is simple, besides, you do not have to spend a lot of time cooking. Another plus is that this dish corresponds to the concepts of healthy and proper nutrition.
- 450 grams of chicken fillet;
- 2 medium carrots;
- a glass of rice;
- a couple of medium bulbs;
- a teaspoon of seasoning;
- vegetable oil;
- salt to taste.
- Rinse the rice, after which it should be poured with water and boiled in a small saucepan until tender. Usually 20-25 minutes is enough for this.
- Rinse the chicken fillet under running water, then cut into small cubes.
- Fry the fillet in a skillet, over medium heat. Don’t forget to stir.
- We clean carrots and onions. Carrots should be grated using a coarse grater, and onions should be finely chopped. After that, add the vegetables to the pan and simmer until all the ingredients are fully cooked.
- When the rice is ready, it should also be poured into the pan, meat and vegetables. Add seasonings and salt, then mix thoroughly.
The dish is ready! Such pilaf can be served with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and sweet peppers. Enjoy your meal!
Thai Chicken Rice
Thai dishes are no less exotic than the local culture. However, rice with vegetables and chicken seems quite familiar to Russian cuisine. This is a tasty, original, but at the same time quite simple dish, which is prepared for no more than half an hour. If you want to learn how to cook rice with chicken deliciously, then this option is exactly what you need.
- a glass of rice;
- 300 grams of chicken meat;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 40 grams of butter;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- vegetable oil;
- 20 grams of ginger root;
- one small carrot;
- 100 grams of frozen peas;
- a tablespoon of sesame seeds;
- a teaspoon of black ground pepper;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- 3-4 stalks of green onions.
- Rice is washed and filled with water. Cook until it is ready.
- Peel the onion and chop it as small as possible. We do the same with ginger root, garlic cloves and green onion stalks.
- Carrots can be grated or finely chopped.
- Slice the chicken along the grain.
- Put the butter and eggs, pre-beaten with a whisk, into a preheated pan. After frying, put the eggs on a plate, and pour a little sunflower oil into the pan. Then add garlic, onion and ginger to it. We set the maximum fire and fry for a minute.
- Add carrots, after which you should fry the vegetables for another minute, without stopping stirring.
- Pour in the peas and pour in the soy sauce. Mix thoroughly and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken fillet, salt and pepper. After thorough mixing, fry over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and eggs (which we fried earlier). Mix well again and cook for another minute. It is very important to constantly stir the dish so that nothing burns.
- The last ingredient is green onions. In this case, you do not need to continue frying – just mix the ingredients again and remove the dish from the heat.
Fragrant rice with Thai chicken is ready! The final touch before serving is to sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds. Now you can serve it to the table! Enjoy your meal!
Read More When did Papa John’s change the crust?
Recipe for crumbly pilaf with chicken
Pilaf can be prepared from absolutely any meat. Yes, it will no longer be a classic dish, but it will turn out to be no less tasty and nutritious. Using chicken meat, you will get the same crumbly pilaf that many have known since childhood.
Pilaf should be distinguished from rice porridge. Real pilaf is crumbly, while in porridge rice is a common mass. We will talk about how to cook this dish below. Possibly the most delicious chicken and rice recipe ever.
- half a kilo of chicken (you can use both fillet and thighs, drumsticks);
- one bulb;
- half a kilo of rice;
- half a kilo of carrots;
- a head of garlic;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- zira and seasoning for pilaf;
- 100 ml vegetable oil.
- If you took a fillet for cooking, then cut it into small cubes. If drumsticks or thighs are used, then the meat should be removed from the bone, cutting it along the fibers. We send the chicken to a deep frying pan, where we fry over high heat until a golden crust appears.
- Cut the onion into small cubes. Add to chicken and continue frying.
- Carrots should be cut into strips and poured into a pan. After that, we set the fire to a little below medium and simmer until the carrots become soft.
- Add salt and spices. You can use any seasoning for pilaf, only zira is an obligatory ingredient, which will give our dish a unique taste.
- Fill the pan with boiling water. Add garlic and sauté until chicken is done. This will usually take about half an hour.
- The rice should be washed several times until the water runs clear. We spread it on top of the meat, after which we add hot water. Ideally, its level should be a centimeter higher than the level of rice. Cover with a lid, and then cook for another 20 minutes.
The dish is ready! Before serving it on the table, it is advisable to remove the garlic from the pan. After that, carefully mix the pilaf. Enjoy your meal!
Recipe for chicken fillet baked with rice
Delicious and very satisfying dish, which is great for a homemade dinner. The traditional combination of rice and chicken is emphasized here by delicious sour cream sauce and melted cheese. This dish is sure to delight your guests and can be safely served on the festive table. At the same time, it is not difficult to prepare it. You will need to spend no more than an hour cooking. But be sure – all your work will be more than rewarded!
- 300-350 grams of chicken fillet;
- 250 grams of sour cream;
- 150 grams of rice;
- 100-120 grams of hard cheese;
- a teaspoon of flour;
- pepper and salt;
- a teaspoon of paprika.
- We wash the chicken fillet, after which it should be cut into cubes.
- Boil rice for no more than 10 minutes. It should not be brought to readiness. After that, we recline it in a colander to remove the remaining water. Rice should not be washed.
- Lay the chicken fillet in a baking dish. Add rice and mix well.
- We’re preparing the sauce. To do this, mix paprika, sour cream, salt, flour and pepper. After that, pour our mixture with boiling water and mix thoroughly again. As a result, you need to get the most homogeneous sauce that is devoid of lumps.
- Pour the sour cream sauce into the rice and meat dish.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater. Pour it over the sauce.
- It remains to bake our dish. To do this, preheat the oven to a temperature of 200-230 degrees. Cover with foil or a lid and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the lid and bake for the same amount of time.
Chicken in sour cream sauce is completely ready! This casserole is served hot, immediately after being removed from the oven. It can be eaten alone or with potatoes. Enjoy your meal!
The above recipes for cooking chicken with rice will surely diversify your daily menu. These dishes are quite simple to prepare, do not require much time and a large number of ingredients. But at the same time they are tasty, nutritious and original. Indulge your family and friends with culinary masterpieces from rice and chicken.