Headless WordPress Theme is an open-source framework that supports React.js for developing modern stack websites and applications. The concept of the static site generator isn’t now, and it’s been available since long within the tech market, the difference is that it’s been integrated with WordPress and gained much more popularity amongst the people trying to find absolute best solutions for his or her websites.
Features of Gatsby and WordPress
The benefit of technology is someone somewhere is always working on improvements and new releases, and when multiple people are working on it, they bring new features, plugins to the tool more frequently. The headless WordPress Themes is also providing an enhanced editor and developer experience as mentioned below;
- Gatsby Preview is made available in the WordPress where you can view the content as live in the design preview.
- With the help of Incremental builds on WordPress new content and updates are published instantly.
- The URLs and the images and other media files can be used with the Gatsby-link and image easily keeping the original plugin source through WordPress.
- The changes on the website can be made rapidly and frequently, and new features and pages can be built still by limiting the number of nodes that are fetched during the development.
- Gatsby processes the images that have been referred to in the publish, keeping the media library limited to the client-side view.
- The plugin used by WordPress, i.e. WP GraphQL automatically continues the data updated and available to the Gatsby Project and the SEO, e-commerce, translation and content modelling, can be leveraged through one plugin.
Starting over Gatsby WordPress
Gatsby is used for the front-end design and static site generator whereas Headless WordPress Themes supports as the back-end and the location for the APIs, i.e. GraphQL. This structure is a clear depiction of JAMstack technology with a new architectural structure with several benefits from this revolutionary technology. Using the Git repository, you can source the dependencies and the source plugin quickly. By merely adding WP GraphQL and WP Gatsby during your WP installation you can switch to Jamstack technology adding security and speed to your website. Gatsby Cloud helps in instant publishing of the content, and you can seek guidance from the documents available on Gatsby JS and WordPress.
What is JAMstack Technology
Jamstack is an infrastructure of website and application development that supports microservices and detach the front-end and back-end negating the typical structure of web development. With the change of time, the structures are refining and improving the website and application performance. WordPress is the best CMS and most trending, and on the other hand, Gatsby is the best Static Site generator, so both of these best tools are brought together and linked through GraphQL APIs.
Benefits of using JAMstack Technology
- Pre Render
- Content Delivery Network
- Pre Build
- Static and Secure
Who Can use JAMstack
Jamstack technology is no code technology, it’s specially made for those who don’t have enough technical knowledge about creating a static website. Headless WordPress Themes provide you a pre build functionality of websites which help you create websites more easily. JAMstack is based on react so that its also available with lifetime free web hosting which is also a good reason to use JAMstack. Due to reactJS its provide secure server side rendering which prevent your website to get hack.