Using the Netgear Nighthawk app is one of the easiest ways to manage your Netgear router. But, sometimes, users get stuck with an issue with their Nighthawk app and are unable to access the Netgear router setup wizard. For their ease, here, we have come up with some basic troubleshooting methods to help you fix the Netgear Nighthawk app not working issue without any hassle. Just have a look in the below section, you may find it useful.
Troubleshoot Netgear Nighthawk App Not Working Issue
Reboot Your Smart Phone
You can try to reboot your smartphone to resolve the issue. This hack works in most cases. To reboot your smartphone, follow these instructions:
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then, turn it on.
- Once done, try to open the Netgear Nighthawk app and check if it works.
Update Netgear Nighthawk App
Netgear Nighthawk app needs to be updated in a timely manner. You can resolve many issues and add latest features by updating your Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile. To update your Netgear Nighthawk app, just go through the below information:
- Unlock your smartphone.
- If you are an Android user, visit the Google Play Store. iOS users go to the Apple App Store.
- Now, you need to check if any new update is available.
- If a new updated version of the Netgear Nighthawk app is available, tap it to begin the update process.
- Wait for some time to get the Nighthawk app updated on your device.
- Once updated, tap the Nighthawk app icon to access the internet services.
Finally, your Netgear Nighthawk app is updated to its latest version.
Incorrect Login Credentials
Your Netgear Nighthawk router setup wizard will not work if you are not using the correct username and password. Therefore, always double-check the Netgear login credentials before heading further. Moreover, if you aren’t aware of your default username and password then, refer to the user manual to get the details.
Delete the App’s Cache
Try removing the temporary files from your app data. This might fix the Netgear Nighthawk app not working issue on your device.
Here is how you can clear the app’s cache:
- Go to the Settings option on your mobile phone.
- Look for the ‘Apps and Notifications’ option in the settings.
- Under “Apps and Notifications”, go to the ‘See All Apps’ option.
- Then, you are required to tap the Netgear Nighthawk app icon to access its settings.
- Browse to the ‘Storage’ option and tap ‘Clear Cache’ to delete the cache of your Netgear app.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you have removed the temporary files from the Nighthawk app. Now, check if the issue is resolved or not. If not, then read further to get it fixed.
Re-install Your Netgear Nighthawk App
If nothing has worked for you, then there must be an issue with the installation of the Netgear Nighthawk app on your device. To resolve the issue, you are first required to uninstall the app and then re-install it on your device. The process of installing the Nighthawk app may vary from phone to phone. The most common one is by long pressing on the App icon and then, tapping on the Uninstall button appears on your screen to uninstall it.
Reset Your Netgear Nighthawk Router
If you are still not able to rectify the Netgear Nighthawk app not working issue, then, there must be an issue with your setup. Try to access your Netgear Nighthawk router using the web interface on your computer system.
If you find an issue and are not able to log in through the web browser, then you are required to reset your Netgear router to the default factory settings and reconfigure it by using the default web address of your Netgear router. This might help you to fix the issue you are facing.
By going through the troubleshooting hacks listed in the above section , you might be able to resolve the Netgear Nighthawk not working issue.