Does your Netgear EX3700 extender lose connection every now and then? Are you unable to change the WiFi settings of your wireless range extender? Are you facing issues while performing the firmware update of your WiFi device? If the answer to these questions is a big YES, then worry not. Performing factory reset is the ultimate solution to get rid of such issues. In this article, we will provide you a guide to restore your Netgear EX3700 extender to factory default settings. Continue reading.
How to Reset Netgear EX3700 Extender?
There are two ways to perform a factory reset on your Netgear EX3700 extender that are as follows:
- By pressing the Reset button
- Using web GUI
Now, let’s discuss both methods in detail.
Steps to Reset Netgear EX3700 Extender Via Reset Button
You can use this method if you want to make things happen instantly. Follow these steps to restore your Netgear EX3700 extender to factory default settings using the Reset button:
- Turn on your Netgear EX3700 extender and ensure that it is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Once the power LED on your WiFi device glows solid green, proceed to the next step.
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Once found, grab a pin-like object and press the Reset button with its help.
- Hold the button for some time.
- As soon as you release the Reset button, your Netgear EX3700 will be restored to factory default settings.
Once your WiFi device resets, you have to perform Netgear EX3700 setup from scratch.
Steps to Reset Netgear EX3700 Extender Using Web GUI
In this method, you have to access the login page of your Netgear EX3700 extender. Here are the steps to reset your WiFi device using its web GUI:
- Power up your Netgear EX3700 wireless range extender and confirm that the power LED is glowing green.
- Establish a connection between your wireless range extender and router using an Ethernet cable. Confirm that the connection is finger-tight and the wire is damage-free.
- Now, turn on your PC or laptop and open a web browser on it. It is advised to use an updated web browser so that you won’t face any trouble while resetting your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Move to the address bar of your web browser and type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
Note: If you are performing factory reset of your Netgear EX3700 extender using an Apple device, use mywifiext.local to log into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the default login details of your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Refer to the Netgear user manual and type the default username and password of your WiFi device in the required fields. Avoid typos while entering the default login credentials as they are case-sensitive. Also, don’t forget to turn off the Caps Lock key on your keyboard while doing so.
- Click the Log In button.
- Hitting Log In will redirect you to the Basic Home screen.
- Now, look for the Settings menu.
- Once found, click the Other Settings option.
- Thereafter, click the Reset option and then the Yes button to proceed.
- Wait until the web user interface finishes the reset process.
- Once your Netgear EX3700 extender gets restored to its factory default settings, reconfigure it.
Now, connect your WiFi-compatible device to the extender’s Netgear_ext and enjoy seamless internet.
This was all about how to reset your Netgear EX3700 extender. We hope that you will be able to restore your WiFi extender to factory default settings by following the aforementioned steps.