Cervical cancer is one of the alarming cancers affecting many women around the globe. It occurs in the woman’s cervix and the cancer cells grow slowly and spread to other parts of the body if left untreated. It is caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) and can be prevented with the HPV vaccine. Educating women about the perilous waves of cervical cancer can eliminate the global health threat and can save the lives of many women. If cervical cancer is detected at an early stage, it can be prevented with proper treatment. Also, regular visual inspection of the cervix at an early stage is the best inexpensive and effective way to screen for cervical cancer.
Here, we discuss a few things women should know about the causes, symptoms, treatments, and prevention of cervical cancer. Read on to know more about it!
Symptoms of cervical cancer:
The woman at the precancerous stage will never show any symptoms, hence, it is necessary to do regular Pap smear tests or cervical smear test to detect cancer or to find any cell damage that lines the cervix. But some women at an early stage shows up the symptoms also women who are in advanced-stage cancer will display severe symptoms depending upon the organs and the tissues where cancer has spread. Here, we have listed out a few symptoms of cervical cancer and it includes:
- Pelvic pain/ back pain
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Spotting or bleeding before, in-between or after the periods
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Pain while urinating
What causes cervical cancer?
The main cause of this cancer is due to human papillomavirus (HPV). Here we have listed out a few risk factors that can cause cervical cancer in a woman and it includes:
- Suppressed immune system
- Increased exposure to DES medicine increases the risk of cervical cancer. The medicine diethylstilbesterol (DES) is used for miscarriage prevention.
- Early sexual intercourse
- Sexually transmitted disease (STDs)
When to see the doctor?
If you have any of the symptoms listed above and is really worrying you, book an appointment with the doctor immediately. Your doctor will do a thorough physical examination and if she spots anything unusual she may suggest you visiting gynaecologist oncologist for pelvic examination and
evaluation. Based on the test and imaging reports, your doctor may discuss treatment plans that best fit your needs. If medicines are prescribed, order prescription drugs online from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on every order you place.
Cervical cancer treatment:
Cervical cancer treatment is done based on the stage of cancer, age, and overall health. If the cancer is confined to the cervical area, the success rate is more, but the mortality rate is more if cancer spreads to other organs of the body. The treatment for cervical cancer includes chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, surgery, or a combination of these.
Important things you must know to prevent cervical cancer?
Yes! Prevention and early detection are the key factors to increase the success rate of cervical cancer. Keeping these factors in mind, here we have compiled a few tips to help you to lower the risk. Check them out below:
- The HPV vaccine can prevent cervical cancer risk and other HPV related issues. Talk to your doctor and find out the right age to get routine HPV vaccinations. Also, advocate yourself more about the risk of developing cervical cancer and get a few tips to keep your health on track.
- Avoid smoking and if you are unable to quit, speak to the doctor for various strategies to quit smoking habits.
- The HPV vaccine is transmitted through skin to skin contact hence to lower HPV-related infections and diseases avoid having sexual contact with multiple partners.
- Take a routine Pap smear test and HPV DNA test to detect early precancerous conditions.
- Don’t use birth control pills and steroids for a longer period.
Never delay doing a Pap smear test and HPV tests at an early stage as regular screenings can prevent the risk of developing cervical cancer. Getting the HPV vaccines on right time helps to prevent cell changes occurring on the cervix and can save women’s lives. If you haven’t taken the HPV vaccine, get the vaccine now after consulting the doctor! Never ignore the symptoms! If you experience changes in the menstrual cycle visit your healthcare provider immediately. Order medicines online from a reliable drugstore and get them delivered at your doorstep.