Ram went to a 5-star restaurant to eat and later on realized he did not have sufficient balance to pay the bill. As a result, he not only received humiliation but also had to wash dishes later. This might seem dreamy to you but you never know when it may become a reality for any of us. This is where amazing innovations like Uni cards come into play. Saving you from all embarrassments like a best financial buddy, Uni cards provide you with an amazing feature of just paying ⅓ of your bill for 3 months without any interest or fee. Uni Cards are technically not credit cards but offer some similar benefits to the user. We bring to you everything you need to know about Uni Cards. So, let’s start:
Uni Pay ⅓ is a domestically prepaid card. As the name suggests it comes with the feature of Paying ⅓ of the bill in three months installments. The card does not charge any fee or interest for 3 months. For example, Ram bought a watch for Rs 60,000 this month and paid Rs 20,000 a month for the next 3 months without any interest/fee. The Uni Pay 1/3rd card was launched by Uniorbit Technologies (UNI), in partnership with RBL Bank, State Bank of Mauritius (SBM), and Liquiloans. You can use this card for your groceries, essentials, emergency bills, fashion sale, or even on-sale bills.
Charges for UNI Cards
- Joining Fees: The card has NO joining fees.
- Renewal/Annual Fees: The card has NO renewal/annual fee.
- Late payment fees: The card charges late fees only as per different slabs.
- Interest Charges: The card charges no interest on late bill payments.
Rewards and benefits of UNI Cards
- Cashback: If you choose to pay in full instead of installments in 3 parts you get to enjoy at least 1% cashback.
- Lifetime free Card: The card charges no joining fees and renewal/annual fees making it a lifetime free card.
- Freebies: You get a mask, chocolate, and a baggage tag with the card for free.
- Pay Later: You can make your payments in 3 equal installments just like a 0% EMI card making it your best financial buddy on high value and emergency spending.
- Scan and Pay: The feature of using your credit line to easily scan and pay at your favorite stores will be added very soon to the card.
- Reward System: The Uni cards are working on a rewards system that allows you to earn Uni Coins along with a Uni Store that gives 5X rewards(maybe like HDFC smart buy).
The Uni cards have a premium design with a name on the front and the card details at the back. The card comes in a mild gray/silver color that makes it look luxurious and neat and clean.
The Uni Card offers one of the best entry-level card limits ranging between Rs20,000 to Rs 6 Lakhs which sounds promising.
Eligibility Criteria of UNI Cards
- Resident: You must be a resident of India.
- Age: You must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Cibil score: You must meet the criteria for a Cibil score for a credit card.
Unlike credit cards, the Uni card freezes after 6 months of non-usage.
24×7 Care Support
Uni Cards provides 24/7 care support/customer services which involve providing service 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Uni Pay 1/3rd Cards make sure that the issues of their customers get resolved no matter what day or time it is. This feature makes it one of the most customer-friendly cards.
Isn’t Uni Pay 1/3rd card amazing? It surely is, where on one side you have to pay a late payment fee and an exorbitant interest charge. On the other hand, the Uni Pay 1/3rd card allows you to pay your bills later by simply dividing your monthly bill into three equal parts, where in addition you have to pay no extra cost or charges. Uni Cards also come with amazing benefits like cashback and amazing features like lifetime free credit card making it one of the best cards in the market. If you too are planning to invest in a Uni Pay Card, then we highly recommend it if it fits your needs and requirements perfectly. All the best for your Uni Pay 1/3rd Card journey ahead!