You are in deep fantasy, if you assume that love doesn’t ever experience conflict. Every couple ever, has to go through arguments. However, resolving them accurately and at the right time can help in long-lasting, healthy relationships.
According to studies, more than 40% couples end up getting marriage counselling, at some point in their married life. And there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.
Surprisingly, even when therapy and counseling awareness is being spread largely, there are still many people who question it. If you are one of them, then here is some insight to help you.
When to Consider Marriage Counseling?
Couples always prefer resolving their issues, on their own. However, if they fail to do so and are unable to mutually come to a good conclusion; they can or must opt for marriage counseling.
If you are confused about whether you and your partner need counseling or not, then here are a few indicators that will help you acknowledge your situation:
- You are unable to agree on a single thing and lack communication largely.
- You are always stuck in an argument or are fighting constantly.
- You both have trust issues or one of you has them.
- You don’t feel connected with your partner or with one another, emotionally or physically.
- You have sexual problems.
- The difficult days are increasing and the joyful days are hard or impossible to experience.
The bitter reality is that couples wait till they are extremely exhausted from their daily issues to seek marriage counseling. This simply lowers the chances of gaining benefit from marriage therapy either. When issues exceed a normal level, they tend to get harder.
If you are always striving to do better in a relationship then you must consider professional counseling before it is too late.
Is Marriage Counseling Beneficial?
Marriage counseling has proven its benefits. It has been helpful for couples who are struggling through hardships. It can heal couples and teach time forgiveness and communication.
Here are a few of the most important perks of a good marriage counseling session:
- The slightest gap between a couple ignites space and further leads to more arguments and conflicts. Therapy changes this and brings both partners together for a rational discussion.
- Many couples are unable to heal old wounds. Counseling helps in doing so as well.
- It further boosts communication and helps the couple understand its importance.
- Lastly, counseling boosts your conflict resolution as well. It boosts collaboration and communication, making it easier to resolve an argument.
THE FINAL VERDICT:
Marriage is a partnership. It definitely begins with merely love but goes on with mutual understanding, communication and forgiveness. It is impossible to expect that a couple would never have a conflict. It is an essential part of all marriages.
However, lack of communication and the inability to resolve the issues can further lead to a permanent rupture in a relationship. With marriage counseling, this can be effectively overcome and one can enjoy a long-lasting and understanding relationship.