Chicken lovers, whether they are children or adults, are popular worldwide! One meat that is absolutely everyone’s favorite! Halal organic chicken with a tangy flavor of lemon is a zesty chicken recipe that melts in your mouth. Citrus juices turn halal organic meat into a spicy and savory meal. It is a quick and easy Indian stir fry chicken recipe with lemon, yogurt, and spices!
This lemon chicken is something you should try at least once in your life. The sourness of lime/lemon is very important in this recipe, and the taste of lime juice should be prominent enough.
Ingredients Of Punjabi Lemon Chicken
- Chicken Thighs 6 (Without Skin)
- Cooking Oil 3-4 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 2 Tsp
- Onions, 2 Julienne Cut
- Garlic 6 Cloves, Chopped
- Ginger 1/2 Inch, Chopped
- Green Chilies 3-4 Or As You Like
- Turmeric Powder 3/4 Tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 Tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Lemon Juice 1 Cup
- Orange Juice 1/2 Cup
- Sugarcane Juice 1/4 Tsp
- Fresh Coriander Leaves 10-12 Sprigs
How to Make Punjabi Lemon Chicken?
- Heat a state vessel over high heat, then add the refined or cooking oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom evenly. When the Refined or Cooking Oil is hot, add the Cumin Seeds and cook until they are noisy and sweet.
- Next, add the garlic, onions, and ginger and gently saute until they are a light-weight golden brown. As the warmth manifests itself, add the spice powders.
- Toast the spices over high heat until they are intensely aromatic and well cooked. Then add a little water and the bottom ingredients again and again until the refined or cooking oil rises to the top and the masala is well grilled out.
- Add some salt and mix well before adding the chicken thighs to the pan. Continue to cook the chicken in the masala until it is evenly coated with the flavor of the bottom and is a very light yellowy golden brown.
- Now, add the lemon and fruit juice to the chicken and deglaze the pan thoroughly, scraping up the flavor-packed pan deposits on the pan’s bottom.
- Stir thoroughly to mix everything well, then add a splash of sugarcane juice to balance the juice’s acidity.
- Now, bring the chicken to a boil; then, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the chicken simmer until it’s perfectly cooked and nearly falling off the bone.
- Uncover the pan and simmer the sunshine gravy until slightly reduced and flavored when the chicken is done. Close the heat, garnish with fresh coriander, and serve with hot bread naan or rice.
Locals add it to the pot in two ways: when marinating or in the last few steps of the cooking process. Add some capsicum or green chilies to the pot, and serve with Naan or rice.
Generally, the chicken is marinated in yogurt with other spices (chili, coriander, etc.), but you can make it with just lime juice and salt. The citric acid in lime juice has already made the chicken tender, but using yogurt adds richness.