Nowadays, theft cases have increased day by day. We listen almost daily about some theft incidents in our offices or neighborhood. In these conditions, we must be very careful because if we become careless then we can lose our smartphones or other valuable things. Just think about that situation in which you have lost your smartphone then what will you do? Let me tell you there is a unique way through which you can find your lost smartphone other than GPS. It is the IMEI tracker.
Have you ever heard about it? If not then don’t worry. In this post, I will give you complete information about it. Here, we will go over how to track phone using IMEI online free.
What is the IMEI Number?
The IMEI number is a special number given to each and every mobile device. When you purchase a new mobile phone, you can easily find the IMEI number under the battery. The term “IMEI” stands for “International Mobile Equipment Identity.” It consists of a special digital code of 15 digits. This number distinguishes a mobile phone from others and helps us to identify them. Don’t consider it similar to the SIM number, it is different from it. This IMEI number must be noted down as quickly as you can because if you don’t, you won’t have anything to provide to the IMEI number tracker website.
Where can I Locate my IMEI Number?
Your IMEI number might be present in several locations. You can find it at the locations we’ve mentioned below:
- You will find it under the battery of your phone, on the back.
- It is also present in the setting menu of your smartphone.
- On the call screen of your phone, dial *#06# to obtain the IMEI number.
- Finally, you can locate your phone’s IMEI number on the packaging (outside the box of your phone).
Steps to Track a Device Using the IMEI Number
If you want to track your mobile phone, you can simply do it using the IMEI number. Google IMEI tracker and choose the desired website from the list of results. Using this online service, you can identify your phone number on a map with ease. All you have to do is enter your IMEI number in the appropriate place and select your country. After that, the software will carry out a process to provide the location of your smartphone. To locate your smartphone, you can also download an IMEI tracking app. Follow the steps listed below to track a device using the tracking app.
- On the Play Store search the IMEI Tracker – Find My Device app and install it.
- Open it after installation. It could request certain permissions. Give permissions.
- Log in with your Google Account to track data in real time.
- In order to obtain your IMEI information and the most current position of your device, you must now set up your trusted contacts. Once your SIM card is removed from the smartphone, you will get this.
- To view the device’s current position, enter this IMEI number in this app and press the track button.
Advantages of Using the IMEI Number
- No one can change the IMEI number. Nobody, not even the thieves who stole your phone, can change that number. There is no way to alter the IMEI number. The SIM card may be switched out, though. Consequently, it’s crucial to remember the phone’s IMEI number.
- Your mobile phone activity can be stopped by blocking the IMEI number. Even if the thief obtains your phone, he won’t be able to use it if you disable the IMEI number. Therefore, blocking the IMEI number should be your first move if your phone is stolen.
- Despite the fact that there are some excellent applications, they are useless if the phone is not online. Any app on the phone, whether it is a first-party or third-party app, frequently stops working without an active internet connection.
How to Track Someone’s Location Without Knowing Them?
Tracking someone’s location without knowing them is illegal but, if you are a parent who wants to keep your children safe then, it is necessary to do this, so for that, you can read our well-written article on how to track someone’s location without knowing them, you can visit our website getassist.net to read that article.
We commonly use the GPS system to find our device but today we learn about a new method through which we can track our device. You must keep your IMEI number safe because now you know its importance. You can easily get your device back if you know its IMEI number.
Also Read: https://getassist.net/how-to-track-your-childs-phone-location/