Presently, everybody in this world wants to know about the Corona virus. So people are looking to know about this novel virus known as SARS-CoV-2 on Google and from health experts. If you are one of them don’t worry, in this post, we are going to tell you all aspects of the Covid-19 virus. As per the report, SARS-CoV-2 has been discovered as the source of a sickness outbreak that began in China in 2019. Due to Corona virus illness 2019, so the name of the sickness is COVID-19. In addition, COVID-19 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) in March 2020. WHO firm keeps providing updates on its website. For testing, there are a number of testing kits available to check the virus result. These testing kits are pre departure antigen tests, pre departure lateral flow tests, and several others. The health department has also made recommendations for preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
What is the Corona virus’s Mode of Transmission?
As per data, this virus spreads from person to person among individuals who are in close proximity. This proximity is within about 6 feet or 2 meters between two humans. Moreover, when someone coughs, sneezes, breathes, and several others. The droplets can be inhaled or land in someone’s mouth, nose, or eyes.
In case a person is exposed to small droplets that persist in the air for several minutes or hours. In this situation, the COVID-19 virus can spread. Basically, this is known as airborne transmission. In case you touch a virus-infected surface and then touch your mouth, nose, or eyes, the virus can spread. You may be surprised to know COVID-19 virus can be disseminated by someone even if there are no symptoms.
Furthermore, asymptomatic transmission is the term for this type of transmission. This virus can also be disseminated by someone who has been infected but has not yet displayed symptoms. This kind of transmission is called Presymptomatic transmission.
What are the COVID-19 symptoms?
The Symptoms of COVID-19 range from mild to severe. Moreover, some people have no signs of any kind of symptoms. But fever, cough, fatigue, and loss of taste or smell are the most prevalent signs of this virus. Furthermore, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, chest discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea are the other symptoms. These symptoms can emerge anywhere from two to fourteen days after exposure.
Is it Possible to Prevent COVID-19?
In the present scenario, some of the COVID-19 vaccines have been issued. The COVID-19 vaccine, now known, has been approved by the authorized health department. This vaccine is really important to prevent COVID-19 and save lives to some extent. Basically, a vaccine may help you avoid contracting COVID-19 by providing the immunization to your body. This will also prevent you from becoming extremely ill from it if you do contract it.
What can I do to keep from Getting Sick?
No doubt, there is no particular medicine to eliminate this virus but to lower your risk of becoming infected. In addition, it will also help to prevent the COVID-19 virus and transfer it to others.
The World Health Organization urges that you need to take the following precautions:
- Vaccinate yourself.
- Avoid being in close proximity to anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
- If you’re not completely vaccinated, keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between yourself and others. This will also be applicable if you’re in an indoor public location.
- Avoid crowded areas and places with limited airflow.
- In order to prevent this virus, you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Moreover, in case you don’t have soap, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- In case you’re in an area where a large number of persons with COVID-19 are in the hospital you should take as many precautions as possible. Safety measures are required in both cases whether or not you’ve been vaccinated. In these measures, you should wear a face mask and social distance in indoor public spaces. Experts recommend that you wear the most protective mask that fits well and is comfortable for regular usage.
- It is highly suggested when you sneeze, cover your mouth and nose properly with your elbow or a tissue. After using the tissue, discard the used tissue. Also, wash your hands as soon as possible after sneezing or in a periodic manner.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth so that viruses will not be able to enter your body.
- It is important that frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- By following all the required precautions you may ignore the higher risk of serious disease. Along with the safety measure you need to safeguard yourself by taking suggestions from your health care practitioner.
Is it necessary for me to wear a mask?
Masks are recommended by the health department of all countries around the world for the general public. Whether or not you’ve been vaccinated, you must wear a mask inside in public. Many people believe that masks are required when there are a high number of patients with COVID-19 cases.
But this perspective is wrong, you should take care of your and others’ health. Wearing a mask will help to prevent the transmission of the virus from infected people. If you are living in a high-risk area you need to use an N95 mask that provides the best protection. Cloth masks also provide protection but offer a lower level of protection. It is crucial for everyone to wear a mask on aircraft, buses, trains, and other kinds of public transportation.
The individual who gets a Covid-19 positive after the testing must take the vaccination as soon as possible. This vaccination allows you to resume many things to accomplish due to this situation. You should take both the virus doses as per the health expert’s guidance.
In conclusion, if you have been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, seek medical assistance. COVID-19 pre departure antigen tests will be suggested by the doctor as its best covid test kit for travel test after checking all your health aspects. After the result of pre departure lateral flow tests, health professionals tell you what kind of precaution and vaccine you need to take.