Having insight into medical conditions potentially helps you in all phases of life. Nobody knows what happens next so it is important to be aware of almost everything. Medical conditions are quite painful and you would be amazed to hear, that in this modern age lots of new disorders and issues have been discovered that didn’t exist a few years back. One of the common physical diseases is haemorrhoids.
This disease is commonly known as piles. Although haemorrhoids are part of nature and fact is we all are born with this. But the problem starts when this natural part becomes unnatural. The part becomes enlarged and swollen.
Although there are many home remedies and OTC treatments that work flawlessly and start treating it. But still, people ask this question, how do hemorrhoids look like. Well, this article will cover all important queries regarding piles which will be beneficial for treating them immediately. So, without any further ado. Let’s get straight into this.
Piles are commonly known as haemorrhoids in which the veins are swollen in the lower part of your rectum. There are 2 general types which include “internal and external haemorrhoids” Internal haemorrhoids are generally painless but involve bleeding. Whereas, external haemorrhoids cause pain and rectal bleeding.
Piles or haemorrhoids look like inflamed lumps or tiny bumps that come out of the anus. You might be able to see them if you carefully examine that particular area. Prolapsed haemorrhoids have no other symptoms but protrusions. They may also cause burning, itching or discomfort.
Piles can be painful and cause you discomfort. But they are not meant to be causing you serious issues. There are not any kind of serious issues that could occur to the human body.
As earlier mentioned, piles can easily be treated by changing the lifestyle and diet to an extent. Daily exercises, and eating fiber-rich food items help a lot in the treatment without taking any surgical treatment or taking a bulk of pills daily. In general, it depends upon the severity of the piles. If they are small, it’s more likely that the inflammation and itchiness are eliminated on their own. On the other hand, having large haemorrhoids may be a little challenging for you. They are highly painful and cause rectal bleeding. You can use the witch hazel pads or the OTC ointments that contain hydrocortisone. This is an approved ointment which is an effective treatment. You may also have a warm bath to relax the muscles and soothe the anus to relieve the pain.
Creams that contain hydrocortisone are potentially helpful to reduce the burning, itching sensation and inflammation. If you don’t want to use any of these OTC treatments. Seeing a doctor at that moment will be an ideal choice to avoid complications. You should use OTC creams for not more than 2 weeks or longer unless you have a doctor’s recommendation. Since there might be some other complications you face. Use any of OTC cream for only 2 weeks.
Most people are busy and want a quick decision since they are working professionals or workers who want to be okay in less time but effectively. So, here are the ways by implementing you can eventually speed up the healing process and see amazing results.
- If you want to speed up the process, then adding food items containing fiber is really beneficial. Since fiber-rich vegetables, fruits, and beans effectively help the piles. Therefore, adding fiber supplements to your daily diet is crucial. To become a healthy person you should eat 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily to keep the body active. To just start the diet, you can have a psyllium husk fiber diet to start improving that medical condition.
- Lubrication of the process: In order to have lubrication, you will need to add a tablespoon of organic oil along with yoghurt and mix it. You can start having this in your breakfast or maybe in lunch to allow the stool for sliding through the piles conveniently. Just remember in your mind that you do not have not to do this for prolonged periods and if you try this you put a liner beneath your pants to absorb the all oil leakages.
- Transform the sitting position: Sitting positions have a great role in piles. Since it is all about balancing and positioning. Turning is one of the common leading factors that cause piles to occur in people very often. Therefore, heavy-weight lifting and normal lifting the objects commonly lead to piles. You can start by elevating the stool positions one step ahead which will change your rectum position in a way that will allow the stool to be passed flawlessly.
- Try the sitz bath: Don’t undermine the importance of the sitz bath as this is an effective option for your immediate relief. This is mainly designed to soothe that particular area. Always use a basin that accurately fits beneath the toilet seat, soak dip the swollen area in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes maximum and perform this 3 to 4 times a day.
- Try some OTC options: OTC in some cases are life and time-saving because they are available at your reach and are effective to give an immediate response to the body. You can use witch hazel which is anti-inflammatory and have healing properties as an OTC treatment. If you want to use an ointment so you can that option too. A cream containing hydrocortisone ingredient will be an ideal option to choose at the moment.
- Be active: Don’t delay, if you feel the urge, straightaway go to the washroom and never wait for the right time to come. Delaying it may cause constipation and further lead to haemorrhoids. Keep it simple and try to relax. Don’t forget that stress is also a factor in causing piles.
As you have read the all necessary aspects of piles. So, it’s necessary to keep in your mind that OTC treatments can help you a lot in treating the issue first-hand. Otherwise, it takes time. So, it’s better to take precautions and measures before actually it happens.