Nowadays, doctors are working hard to find out why the number of colon cancers is increasing in people under age 50. Proper screening can prevent colorectal cancer by removing the polyps in the rectum and colon before they turn into cancer.
Discussed here are the reasons behind the cases of colorectal cancer in young adults are. Moreover, if you wish to get the best treatment regarding colorectal cancer, you can contact the best cancer hospital in Ahmedabad.
The mortality rates of colorectal cancer have been dropping for decades, as the rate of several new colorectal cancers is being diagnosed. Many experts believe that with the help of better screening options, finding and removing the polyps before they turn into cancer can be possible.
What is colorectal cancer?
This is a cancer of the rectum or colon that is located at the lower end of the digestive tract. Often, these problems have no symptoms and can be detected through screening.
What are the symptoms of colorectal cancer?
There are several symptoms of colorectal cancer, such as:
- Constipation, diarrhea, or having a feeling that the bowel does not empty fully.
- A change or changes in bowel habits.
- Stools that may look narrower or thinner than normal.
- Bright red or dark blood in the stool.
- Continuous fatigue or tiredness.
- Rectal bleeding.
- Weight loss without any known explanation.
- Discomfort in the abdomen area like bloating, frequent gas pains, cramps, and fullness.
- A continuous feeling that you need to use the restroom, even after having a bowel movement.
However, though the mortality rates of colorectal cancer are decreasing, there is another concern that is increasing, that is, the rates of colorectal cancer among people under 50 are increasing. The American Cancer Society or ACS says that this disease has been increasing rapidly in young adults over the past 30 to 50 years.
Why the rates are on the rise?
Many researchers have found that some issues like sedentary behavior, obesity, poor diet, and also other environmental factors have a big role to play in the increased rates of early occurrences of colorectal cancer.
Awareness regarding the symptoms and what problems they can offer is very important in determining the health issues like colorectal cancer in young adults. So, if any of those situations arise, it is always better to go for an expert opinion in the best cancer hospital in Ahmedabad.
What are the risk factors of colorectal cancer in young adults?
There are different types of risk factors of colorectal cancer in young adults like:
- A personal or family history.
- Inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- A diet that has a very minimum amount of vegetables and fruits.
- Lack of physical activity on a regular basis.
- Tobacco use or consumption of alcohol.
- A diet has high fat and low fiber.
- A diet is full of processed foods and meats.
How can colorectal cancer be diagnosed?
This ailment can be diagnosed through several processes like:
- Imaging tests like CT scan, X-rays, MRI scan, ultrasound, PET scan, etc.
- Blood tests include complete blood count, liver enzymes, and tumor markers.
- Biopsy, etc.
Therefore, you should not neglect any kind of bowel-related issues and contact the best cancer hospital in Ahmedabad if you wish to live a healthy life.