Home renovations are not something to ignore; time waits for no one and a couple of years of habitation can really take its toll. If you are thinking that 2023 is going to be the year of the bathroom makeover, here are a few tips.
- Decide On A Budget – This is the first step of the project, which can be done with the help of the bathroom renovation team. We don’t recommend skimping on quality with a bathroom renovation, as you will probably live to regret it. If you are short on cash, take out a home improvement loan.
- Seek A Professional Solution – Unless you happen to be a great DIY-er, talk to an expert on bathroom design in Surrey or in the city where you are living in. The designer has the know-how and resources to create the perfect luxury bathroom for you, starting with the room dimension and with your help, he or she builds the layout, using computer software that allows the client to see the finished product.
- Draw Up A Diagram – A to-scale diagram is the best way to plan your renovation; this will ensure that you place furniture in the best locations. A pro bathroom designer uses state-of-the-art computer software to plan a bathroom layout; starting with major items like WC, bath, shower, and vanity. You can add items at your leisure and end up with the right design for the space you have. Create materials and tool lists and make sure you have everything you need.
- Examine All The Options – Don’t automatically go for a repeat. With a bathroom designer, the sky is the limit. Take a trip to the bath showroom Shepperton or your location has and see some of the demo bathroom suites. Consider a walk-in digital shower and a stylish long oval bath, with cork flooring to complete the look. Google Images can bring you some bathroom design inspiration.
- Underfloor Heating – We all dread the freezing winters. When walking on the bathroom floor is more than a little uncomfortable, you can change all that by installing underfloor heating. If you have central heating, a plumber can create a section of hot water pipes that run under the floor. The alternative is a dry system, which is basically a blanket that you place between the joists and connects to a switch. Either way, you no longer have to endure a cold floor in your bathroom with underfloor heating.
- Accurate Materials Estimations – Ordering too much is going to cost you money, while ordering insufficient means extra trips to the builder’s merchant. There are some handy online estimation tools to help you gauge the number of wall tiles or the volume of paint you need, while YouTube hosts many bathroom renovation videos.
- Think Luxury – The bathroom is the one room in the house where luxury should be standard. Have marble or granite tops with stunning wall tiles and an exquisite bathtub, which would be the central feature. If you spend a little bit more than you planned, it isn’t the end of the world and when you are soaking in a hot bath, you’ll be glad that you shelled out for the best of everything.
Once you have a budget in mind, talk to a nearby bathroom design company and with your concept and their expertise, the perfect bathroom awaits!
If you are going down the DIY road, you will save a few hundred pounds, plus the job satisfaction makes it all worthwhile. Make sure you have all the tools you will need before starting the work and if in doubt, watch a few YouTube videos.